Tuesday 10 December 2013

Money does not grow on trees

Yesterday I had a major breakthrough.  After weeks of wishy washy conversations about what we want to sell, and what amazing our brand and shops will be, I have finally managed to arrange our first financial and business planning session.

I know exactly how much money I can invest in my enterprise (and it is not much), so it was interesting to learn how much my potential partners are ready to invest.  That is a good starting point.

Any attempts to push the topic of the legal and shareholders structure, and how business activities and products will be funded, and how people will be financially encouraged to work if they do not contribute any capital, are EXTREMELY PAINFUL at the moment, but at least everyone now agreed that we will need to make a decision sooner or later.

And, more importantly, I convinced everyone that we need to calculate and consolidate information about all potential costs before we even start contacting manufacturers or selecting stock.  Bingo!  We have got our first formal to do list, where everyone is assigned to collect specific piece of research or cost information.  Bless project management :-)

NB:  Need to find somebody experienced who can advise on legal, shareholding and funding options.


No comments:

Post a Comment